Cited 0 time in
- Activity staining of glutathione peroxidase after two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- Chang Won Kho; Sung Goo Park; Do Hee Lee; S Cho; G T Oh; S Kang; Byoung Chul Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Molecules and Cells, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 369-373
- Publication Year
- We have developed a method for rapid activity staining of proteins with glutathione peroxidase (GPx) activity after 2-D gel electrophoresis. After separating proteins extracted from yeast, or mouse red blood cells, by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis, SDS was removed and the gel was submerged in a Tris-HCl buffer containing glutathione and hydrogen peroxide, followed by incubation with 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) and phenazine methosulfate (PMS). After this proteins with GPx activity appeared as clear zones on a purple background. This relatively simple activity staining method could be useful for rapid screening of proteins with GPx activity in cell extracts.
- 2-D gelactivity stainingglutathioneglutathione peroxidase
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Disease Target Structure Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Critical Diseases Diagnostics Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.