Winogradskyella thalassocola gen. nov., sp. nov., Winogradskyella epiphytica sp. nov. and Winogradskyella eximia sp. nov., marine bacteria of the family Flavobacteriaceae
Cited 71 time in
- Winogradskyella thalassocola gen. nov., sp. nov., Winogradskyella epiphytica sp. nov. and Winogradskyella eximia sp. nov., marine bacteria of the family Flavobacteriaceae
- O I Nedashkovskaya; S B Kim; Suk Kyun Han; C Snauwaert; M Vancanneyt; J Swings; Kyung Ok Kim; A M Lysenko; M Rohde; G M Frolova; V V Mikhailov; Kyung Sook Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 49-55
- Publication Year
- Three novel heterotrophic, Gram-negative, yellow-pigmented, aerobic, gliding, oxidase- and catalase-positive bacteria were isolated from algae collected in the Gulf of Peter the Great, Sea of Japan. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis revealed that the strains studied represented members of the family Flavobacteriaceae and showed 93.5-93.8% similarity with their closest relative, Psychroserpens burtonensis. The DNA G+C content of the strains was 34-37 mol%. The major respiratory quinone was MK-6. The predominant fatty acids were iso-C15:0, anteiso-C15:0, iso-C15:1, iso-C16:0-3OH and iso-C17:0-3OH. On the basis of their phenotypic, chemotaxonomic, genotypic and phylogenetic characteristics, the newly described bacteria have been assigned to the new genus Winogradskyella gen. nov., as Winogradskyella thalassocola sp. nov. (type strain, KMM 3907T=KCTC 12221T=LMG 22492T=DSM 15363T), Winogradskyella epiphytica sp. nov. (type strain, KMM 3906T=KCTC 12220T=LMG 22491T=CCUG 47091T) and Winogradskyella eximia sp. nov. (type strain, KMM 3944T (=KCTC 12219T=LMG 22474T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.