Manassantin A and B isolated from Saururus chinensis inhibit TNF-α-induced cell adhesion molecule expression of human umbilical vein endothelial cells
Cited 20 time in
- Manassantin A and B isolated from Saururus chinensis inhibit TNF-α-induced cell adhesion molecule expression of human umbilical vein endothelial cells
- Oh Eok Kwon; Hyun Sun Lee; Seung Woong Lee; Mi Yeon Chung; K H Bae; Mun Chual Rho; Young Kook Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 55-60
- Publication Year
- Leukocyte adhesion to the vascular endothelium is a critical initiating step in inflammation and atherosclerosis. We have herein studied the effect of manassantin A (1) and B (2), dineolignans, on interaction of THP-1 monocytic cells and human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) and expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1), and E-selectin in HUVEC. When HUVEC were pretreated with 1 and 2 followed by stimulation with TNF-α, adhesion of THP-1 cells to HUVEC decreased in dose-dependent manner with IC50 values of 5 ng/mL and 7 ng/mL, respectively, without cytotoxicity. Also, 1 and 2 inhibited TNF-α-induced up-regulation of ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin. The present findings suggest that 1 and 2 prevent monocyte adhesion to HUVEC through the inhibition of ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and E-selectin expression stimulated by TNF-α, and may imply their usefulness for the prevention of atherosclerosis relevant to endothelial activation.
- Atherosclerosis; Cell adhesion molecules; Human umbilical vein endothelial cells; Manassantin A/B; Monocyte; TNF-α
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.