Hahella ganghwensis sp. nov., isolated from tidal flat sediment
Cited 14 time in
- Hahella ganghwensis sp. nov., isolated from tidal flat sediment
- K S Baik; C N Seong; E M Kim; H Yi; Kyung Sook Bae; J Chun
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 681-684
- Publication Year
- A marine bacterial strain, designated FR1050T, was isolated from a sediment sample of getbol (Korean tidal flat). Phylogenetic investigations based on 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that the isolate formed a robust monophy etic clade with Hahella chejuensis within the γ-Proteobacteria. Sequence similarity between strain FR1050T and the type strain of Hahella chejuensis was 94.7%. Cells were Gram-negative, aerobic, rod-shaped, motile and halophilic; optimum growth occurred at sea salt concentrations of 4.6%. The major fatty acids were C18:1ω9c (39.0%) and C16:0 (18.1%). The DNA G+C content was 44 mol%. The polyphasic data obtained showed that strain FR1050T is affiliated to the genus Hahella but represents a novel species for which the name Hahella ganghwensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is FR1050T (=KCTC 12277T=JCM 12486T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.