Thiobutacin, a novel antifungal and antioomycete antibiotic from Lechevalieria aerocolonigenes
Cited 14 time in
- Thiobutacin, a novel antifungal and antioomycete antibiotic from Lechevalieria aerocolonigenes
- J Y Lee; S S Moon; Bong Sik Yun; Ick Dong Yoo; B K Hwang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 67, no. 12, pp. 2076-2078
- Publication Year
- A novel butanoic acid, thiobutacin (1), 4-(2-aminophenyl)-4-oxo-2- methylthiobutanoic acid (C11H13NO3S), was isolated from the culture broth of a soil actinomycete, Lechevalieria aerocolonigenes strain VK-A9. The structure of thiobutacin (1) was elucidated on the basis of the extensive 2D NMR spectral data including 1H- 1H COSY, HMBC, HMQC, ROESY, and NOESY. Thiobutacin (1) showed antioomycete and antifungal activity against phytopathogenic Phytophthora capsici and Botrytis cinerea and the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.