Cited 0 time in
- Sterin C, a new antioxidant from the mycelial culture of the mushroom Stereum hirsutum
- Nam Hee Yoo; Ick Dong Yoo; Jin Woo kim; Bong Sik Yun; In Ja Ryoo; E S Yoon; N T Chinh; Jong Pyung Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Applied Biological Chemistry, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 38-41
- Publication Year
- Structurally new antioxidative metabolite was isolated from mycelial culture of mushroom Stereum hirsutum. Culture broth was subjected to Diaion HP-20 column chromatography, and 70% aqueous MeOH eluent was extracted with EtOAc. EtOAc extract was purified through silica gel and Sephadex LH-20 column chromatographies, and reversed phase C18 HPLC. Compound was revealed to be new dihydroxylated derivative of sterin B with molecular formula of C12H16O5 (MW 240) by MS and various NMR spectral data analyses, and designated as sterin C. Sterin C showed superoxide radical-scavenging activity with EC50 value of 0.31 mM.
- sterin Csuperoxide radicalantioxidantStereum hirsutum
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Chemical Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.