Pontibacillus marinus sp. nov., a moderately halophilic bacterium from a solar saltern, and emended description of the genus Pontibacillus
Cited 25 time in
- Pontibacillus marinus sp. nov., a moderately halophilic bacterium from a solar saltern, and emended description of the genus Pontibacillus
- Jee Min Lim; C O Jeon; Dong Jin park; Hye Ryoung Kim; Byoung-Jun Yoon; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1027-1031
- Publication Year
- A moderately halophilic, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium (BH030004T) was isolated from a solar saltern in Korea. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain BH030004T belonged to the genus Pontibacillus. Chemotaxonomic data (DNA G + C content, 42 mol%; major isoprenoid quinone, MK-7; cell-wall type, A1γ-type meso-diaminopimelic acid; major fatty acids, iso-C15:0 and anteiso-C15:0) also supported the affiliation of the isolate to the genus Pontibacillus. Although the 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity between strain BH030004T and Pontibacillus chungwhensis DSM 16287T was relatively high (99.1 %), physiological properties and DNA-DNA hybridization (about 7 % DNA-DNA relatedness) allowed genotypic and phenotypic differentiation of strain BH030004T from the type strain of P. chungwhensis. Therefore, strain BH030004T represents a novel species of the genus Pontibacillus, for which the name Pontibacillus marinus sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is BH030004T (= KCTC 3917T=DSM 16465T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.