Helicobacter pylori strain 51 (Korean isolate): ordered overlapping BAC library, combined physical and genetic map, and comparative analysis with H. pylori strain 26695 and strain J99
Cited 0 time in
- Helicobacter pylori strain 51 (Korean isolate): ordered overlapping BAC library, combined physical and genetic map, and comparative analysis with H. pylori strain 26695 and strain J99
- H L Kang; W K Lee; J Y Song; Sang-Haeng Choi; S G Park; B D Ryu; E J Lee; Ji Sun Kim; J U Park; S C Baik; M B Choi; H S Youn; G H Ko; D W Bae; Yong Sung Kim; M J Cho; K H Rhee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 844-854
- Publication Year
- We constructed a defined physical and genetic map of H. pylori strain 51, previously isolated from a Korean patient with a duodenal ulcer, by combining a restriction analysis by pulse-field gel electrophoresis with the construction of a BAC library. A Not1-digest of H. pylori strain 51 genome yielded seven fragments, from which the genomic size was estimated to be 1,698±24 kb. The BAC library was constructed from 50 to 200 kb fragments of HindIII-digested genomic DNA. From 700 BAC clones, an ordered overlapping maxiset of 82 BAC clones was assembled that covered the entire genome. The positions of 15 genes were localized in the strain 51 genome with 4-22 kb of resolution and were compared with their orthologues in strain 26695 and strain J99. The arrangement of the 15 genes was identical in strain 51 and strain J99, except for flaA and hpaA. The plasticity zone of strain 51, like that of strain J99, was located in the single region, and was shorter than those of strain 26695 and strain J99. The strain 51 plasticity zone consisted of ORFs common only to strain 51 and J99 or to strain 51 and 26695, as well as strain 51-specific ORFs. Three genetic translocations and/or inversions were found between orthologue ORFs in strain 51 and strain J99. These results show that the chromosomal organization of strain 51 differs from Western strains such as strain 26695 and strain J99.
- genomics; helicobacter pylori; physical map
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.