Real-time quantitative PCR with SYBR green I for living modified roundup ready soybean = Roundup ready soybean의 정량 검출에서 SYBR green I을 이용하는 real-time PCR 조건의 분석
Cited 229 time in
- Real-time quantitative PCR with SYBR green I for living modified roundup ready soybean = Roundup ready soybean의 정량 검출에서 SYBR green I을 이용하는 real-time PCR 조건의 분석
- In Soon Pack; Soon Chun Jeong; Kyu Hwa Lee; Woon Kee Yoon; S Park; Chang-Gi Kim; Hwan Mook Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Toxicology and Pubic Health, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 219-226
- Publication Year
- Concerns on the safety of living modified (LM) crops have led to mandatory-labeling legislation of LM crops in many countries including Korea. An real-time PCR method for quantification of LM Roundup Ready soybean (RRS) with the double-stranded DNA intercalating dye, SYBR Green I, is described. Pairs of primers that specifically PCR-amplify the targeted 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase (EPSPS) and le1 gene sequences were selected by means of analysis of melting-curve plot of PCR products. Then, the specificity and general performance of the selected primer pairs were further increased by selecting optimum primer concentration by means of serial analyses of combination of different concentrations of each primer in the selected primer pairs. Using 1, 2, and 5% RRS test samples and applying the real-time PCR with SYBR Green I, mean values deviated from true values by 5.5 to 25%. The precision of the real-time PCR with SYBR Green I was comparable with that of the real-time PCR with TaqMan chemistry, which is widely used for the quantification of LM crops today. The results suggest that the real-time PCR with SYBR Green I, which does not require the high-cost dye labelling step for the initial primer or probe design, could be an alternative method for the quantification of LM Crops.
- EPSPS (5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosthase)living modified cropsroundup ready soybeanSYBR Green Ⅰreal-time polymerase chain reaction
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Bio-Evaluation Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.