Direct photofabrication of refractive-index-modulated multimode optical waveguide using photosensitive sol-gel hybrid materials = 소레젤 하이브리드 물질을 이용한 굴절률 조절 다중광학 웨이브가이드 직접
Cited 23 time in
- Direct photofabrication of refractive-index-modulated multimode optical waveguide using photosensitive sol-gel hybrid materials = 소레젤 하이브리드 물질을 이용한 굴절률 조절 다중광학 웨이브가이드 직접
- D J Kang; W S Kim; B S Bae; Hyun Kyu Park; Bong Hyun Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 22, pp. 221106-1-221106-3
- Publication Year
- Photosensitive sol-gel hybrid materials (hybrimers) exhibited a thick film property, an efficient refractive index tunability through the control of their compositions, and a high photosensitivity upon UV exposure. The materials were used for the direct photofabrication of the multimode optical waveguide (MOW) with a large core structure. Due to the outstanding optical properties of these materials, problems and complexities associated with the fabrication of MOW could be overcome, and a MOW with good propagation performance could be easily fabricated. Importantly, a propagation loss of as low as 0.13 dB cm-1 at 850 nm could be obtained.
- Amer Inst Phys
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.