Dehydrotrametenolic acid selectively inhibits the growth of H-ras transformed rat2 cells and induces apoptosis through caspase-3 pathway = Dehydrotrametenolic acid의 세포사멸 유도를 통한 항암효과
Cited 32 time in
- Dehydrotrametenolic acid selectively inhibits the growth of H-ras transformed rat2 cells and induces apoptosis through caspase-3 pathway = Dehydrotrametenolic acid의 세포사멸 유도를 통한 항암효과
- Hyun-Mi Kang; Su-Kyung Lee; Dae Seop Shin; Mi-Young Lee; Dong Cho Han; N I Baek; Kwang Hee Son; Byoung-Mog Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Life Sciences, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 607-613
- Publication Year
- The screening of natural products that preferentially inhibit growth of H-ras transformed rat2 cells vs. rat2 cells was performed to identify H-ras specific growth inhibitor. A lanostane-type triterpene acid, dehydrotrametenolic acid (3β-hydroxylanosta-7,9(11),24-trien-21-oic acid), was isolated from the sclerotium of Poria cocos (Polyporaceae). Dehydrotrametenolic acid selectively inhibited the growth of H-ras transformed cells with a GI 50 value of 40 μM. FACS analysis indicated that the compound exerted its anti-proliferation effects through cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase and accumulation of sub-G1 population. Dehydrotrametenolic acid-induced apoptosis was further confirmed with chromosomal DNA fragmentation, caspase-3 activation, and degradation of PARP and Lamin A/C degradation. The compound also regulated the expression of H-ras, Akt and Erk, which are the downstream proteins of H-ras signaling pathways. The results suggest that dehydrotrametenolic acid can be a potential anticancer agent against H-ras transformed tumor.
- ApoptosisCaspase-3Cell cycle arrestDehydrotrametenolic acidH-rasPoria cocos Wolf
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.