Stappia marina sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from the Yellow Sea = 서해에서 분리한 새로운 균주 Stappia marina
Cited 27 time in
- Stappia marina sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from the Yellow Sea = 서해에서 분리한 새로운 균주 Stappia marina
- Byung-Chun Kim; Ja Ryeong Park; Jin-Woo Bae; S K Rhee; K H Kim; J W Oh; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 75-79
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, aerobic and halophilic bacterium designated strain mano18T was isolated from a tidal flat area of Dae-Chun, Chung-Nam, Korea. This strain was motile by means of polar flagella, occasionally forming rosette-like aggregates, reduced nitrate to nitrite, required sodium ions for growth, exhibited catalase and oxidase activities and contained Q-10 as the major quinone and C18:1ω7c as the dominant cellular fatty acid. Analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequence revealed that this strain is affiliated with a cluster within the Alphaproteobacteria. Strain mano18T synthesized bacteriochlorophyll under aerobic conditions. The 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity between strain mano18T and the most closely related species, Stappia aggregata DSM 13394T, was 98.5 %. Levels of DNA-DNA relatedness between strain mano18T and the type strains of S. aggregata and Stappia stellulata were respectively 6.2-11.2 and 3.3-7.6 %. Strain mano18T, like other Stappia strains, possesses carbon monoxide dehydrogenase genes. The results of DNA-DNA hybridization and the polyphasic data confirmed that strain mano18T can be considered to represent a novel taxon in the genus Stappia. The name Stappia marina sp. nov. is proposed for the tidal flat isolate; the type strain is strain mano18T (=KCTC 12288T = DSM 17023T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.