Donghaeana dokdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from sea water
Cited 22 time in
- Donghaeana dokdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from sea water
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Choong Hwan Lee; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 187-191
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming and rod-shaped bacterial strain, DSW-6T, was isolated from sea water and subjected to a polyphasic study. Strain DSW-6T grew optimally at 25 °C, in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl and at pH 7.0-8.0. It was characterized chemotaxonomically as having MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C15:0, anteiso-C15:0, iso-C17:0 3-OH and C15:0 as the major fatty acids (> 10% of total fatty acids). Major polar lipids were phosphatidylethanolamine, unidentified phospholipids and amino-group-containing lipids that are ninhydrin-positive. The DNA G + C content was 36.9 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain DSW-6T forms an independent line of descent within the family Flavobacteriaceae. The 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain DSW-6T exhibited similarity values of less than 94.7% to the sequences of other members of the family Flavobacteriaceae. Strain DSW-6T could be distinguished from other phylogenetically related genera by differences in several phenotypic properties. Therefore, in view of the combined phenotypic and phylogenetic data, it is proposed that strain DSW-6T (= KCTC 12402T = DSM 17205T) represents a novel genus and species, Donghaeana dokdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.