High-Level production of low-branched levan from Pseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380 for the production of di-β-D-Fructofuranose dianhydride IV = Pseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380을 사용한 di-β-D-F
Cited 0 time in
- High-Level production of low-branched levan from Pseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380 for the production of di-β-D-Fructofuranose dianhydride IV = Pseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380을 사용한 di-β-D-F
- K H Jang; Eun-Kyung Jang; S H Kim; I H Kim; S A Kang; Issac Koh; Y I Park; Y J Kim; S D Ha; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 102-108
- Publication Year
- The lscA gene, encoding a levansucrase of 424 amino acids (aa) residues, was cloned from the genomic DNA of Pseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380, and overexpressed in Escherichia coli. The recombinant levansucrase overexpressed in E. coli was then used to produce levan from sucrose. Levan crystals with 98% purity could be obtained from the reaction mixture with 62% yield using an alcohol precipitation method. The molecular weight of the levan was 7×105 daltons. Methylation studies showed that the levan was branched: main linkage C-2,6; branched linkage C-2,1; and degree of branching 6%. Three bacterial levans from different strains were incubated with levan fructotransferase (LFTase) from Arthrobacter ureafaciens K2032, which produced di-β-D-fructofuranose dianhydride IV (DFA IV); final conversion yields from the levans to DFA IV were 39% in Zymomonas mobilis, 53% in Serratia levanicum, and 59% in P. aurantiaca S-4380 levansucrase. The levan from P. aurantiaca S-4380 levansucrase gave the highest conversion yield of levan to DFAIV so far reported.
- di-β-D-fructofuranose dianhydride IVlevanpseudomonas aurantiaca S-4380
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.