Cited 8 time in
- Confirmation of a linkage between H-Ras and MMP-13 expression as well as MMP-9 by chemical genomic approach = 화학유전체 연구방법을 이용한 라스 활성과 신생혈관 형성과의 관계 규명
- Su Kyung Lee; Jung Min Kim; Mi Young Lee; Kwang Hee Son; Young Il Yeom; C H Kim; Y Shin; J S Koh; Dong Cho Han; Byoung-Mog Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Cancer, vol. 118, no. 9, pp. 2172-2181
- Publication Year
- As farnesylation of the Ras protein by farnesyl transferase is a critical step for the Ras functional activity, the farnesyl transferase inhibitor could affect H-Ras functions and the inhibitors such as arteminolide, SCH66336 and LB42908 completely inhibited Ras-farnesylation. However, they did not induce apoptosis of H-Ras-transformed cells with concentration for blocking H-Ras farnesylation. To determine the antitumor effects of the inhibitors, it was analyzed through the expression profile of genes, regulated by activated H-Ras or FTIs by using cDNA microarray. On the basis of the results, the relationship between H-Ras and MMPs expression was confirmed by RT-PCR, Western bolt, zymographic analysis and angiogenesis assay. Our results suggested that activation of MMP-13 as well as MMP-9 induced by H-Ras is involved in angiogenesis and with farnesyl transferase inhibitors, in part, exerts their anticancer effects. We confirmed that MMP-13 is a critical H-Ras target gene through chemical genomic approaches with farnesyl transferase inhibitors.
- cDNA microarrayFarnesyl transferaseGene expression profileMMPs chemical genomicsH-Ras
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.