Corticotropin-releasing factor immunoreactivity increases in the cerebellar climbing fibers in the novel ataxic mutant mouse, Pogo
Cited 7 time in
- Corticotropin-releasing factor immunoreactivity increases in the cerebellar climbing fibers in the novel ataxic mutant mouse, Pogo
- Y G Jeong; S H Chung; C T Kim; K H Kim; S Y Han; Byung Hwa Hyun; N S Lee; K Sawada; M H Won; Y Fukui
- Bibliographic Citation
- Anatomia Histologia Embryologia, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 111-115
- Publication Year
- The ataxic pogo mouse (pogo/pogo) is a novel neurological mutant, which was derived as an inbred strain (KJR/MsKist) from a Korean wild mouse. The pathological manifestations include a difficulty in maintaining a normal posture, the failure of inter-limb coordination and an inability to walk straight. In this study, we examined the distribution of corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) immunoreactive cerebellar climbing fibres and their projections to tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) immunoreactive Purkinje cells in the cerebellum of the pogo mutant mouse using immunohistochemistry. In the pogo/pogo mouse, a subset of climbing fibres was stained more intensely for CRF than in the control. Moreover, ataxic pogo mouse, neurons of the inferior olivary nucleus projecting climbing fibres were also more intensely stained for CRF than in the control. In the pogo/pogo mouse, TH immunoreactivity was located in the Purkinje cells, whereas no TH expression was found in the control. Double immunostaining for CRF and TH in the pogo/pogo cerebellum revealed that the distribution of TH-immunoreactive Purkinje cells corresponded to terminal fields of CRF-immunoreactive climbing fibres but not to the CRF-immunoreactive mossy fibres. Therefore, we suggest that an increase of CRF level may alter the function of targeted Purkinje cells and that it is related to the ataxic phenotype in the pogo mutant mouse.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.