Isolation and antifungal and antioomycete activities of staurosporine from Streptomyces roseoflavus strain LS-A24
Cited 29 time in
- Isolation and antifungal and antioomycete activities of staurosporine from Streptomyces roseoflavus strain LS-A24
- H J Park; J Y Lee; I S Hwang; Bong Sik Yun; B S Kim; B K Hwang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 3041-3046
- Publication Year
- The actinomycete strain LS-A24 active against some plant fungal and oomycete pathogens was isolated from a soil sample of the Sunghwan Lake in Korea. The cell wall composition and spore shape of strain LS-A24 were LL-diaminopimelic acid and spiral type, respectively. On the basis of the physiological and biochemical characteristics and 16S ribosomal DNA sequence analysis, strain LS-A24 was identical to Streptomyces roseoflavus. An antifungal and antioomycete antibiotic was isolated from LS-A24 using various chromatographic procedures. The molecular formular of the antibiotic was determined to be C28H26N4O3, and on the basis of the NMR data, the antibiotic was confirmed to be staurosporine, 2,3,10,11,12,13-hexahydro-10R-methoxy-9S-methyl-11R-methylamino-9S,13R-epoxy-1H, 9H-diindolo[1,2,3,-gh;3′,2′,1′-lm]pyrrolo[3,4-j][1,7] benzodiazonin-1-one. Staurosporine completely inhibited the mycelial growth of Colletotrichum orbiculare, Phytophthora capsici, Rhizoctonia solani, Botrytis cinerea, and Cladosporium cucumerinum with minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) values of 1-50 μg/mL for MICs. Staurosporine also was active against Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Bacillus subtilis ssp. subtilis, and Xanthomonas vesicatoria. Staurosporine and the commercial fungicide metalaxyl inhibited the development of Phytophthora blight on pepper plants. However, the control efficacy of staurosporine against the Phytophthora disease was somewhat less than that of metalaxyl. This is the first study to isolate staurosporine from S. roseoflavus and demonstrate its in vitro and in vivo antioomycete activity against P. capsici.
- Antifungal activityAntioomycete activityPhytophthora blightStaurosporineStreptomyces roseoflavus
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.