Cited 0 time in
- Protein composition of domestic and glyphosate-tolerant soybean = 국내산 및 제초제 내성 콩의 단백질 조성 분석
- C H Wei; D E Sok; Y H Yang; S H Oh; Hyoung-Chin Kim; Woon Kee Yoon; Hwan Mook Kim; M R Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Society for Food Science & Nutrition, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 470-475
- Publication Year
- In order to elucidate the differences of protein profiles among soybean cultivars, the protein composition of three conventional domestic soybean cultivars and two imported ones including glyphosate.tolerant HS2906 was analyzed by total nitrogen measurement, amino acid analysis and PAGE/densitometry. There were no statistically significant differences in the levels of any amino acid, including aromatic amino acids, between glyphosate.tolerant soybean and the conventional soybean WS82. In the extraction of protein, the SDS/buffer system was more efficient than the defatting/water system. The SDS.PAGE/densitometry analysis showed that there was a similar profile of proteins among cultivars, although the amount of total protein ranged from 380.2 mg/g to 423.9 mg/g. In addition, there was no discernable difference of protein profile between glyphosate. tolerant soybean (total protein amount, 380.2 mg/g) and the conventional soybean WS82 (390.2 mg/g), although the amount of β.conglycinin (55 kDa) was lower in glyphosate.tolerant soybean. Meanwhile, the amount of 25 kDa protein was greater in domestic soybean cultivars than imported ones. Thus, normal PAGE/ densitometry method would be useful to analyze the difference in protein profiles of soybean proteins, and furthermore evaluate the protein profile of proteins between GMO and conventional soybean.
- protein profile; soybean; PAGE
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.