Cited 9 time in
- Phellinsin A from Phellinus sp. PL3 exhibits antioxidant activities = 목질진흙버섯으로부터 분리한 페린신 A가 나타내는 항산화 활성
- E I Hwang; J R Kim; Tae Sook Jeong; Sangku Lee; Mun Chual Rho; Sung Uk Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Planta Medica, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 572-575
- Publication Year
- Phellinsin A, which was isolated from the culture broth of Phellinus sp. PL3, exhibited significant low-density lipoproteins (LDL)-antioxidant activity. It inhibited the Cu2+-mediated oxidation of LDL (IC50: 5.3 μM) and 2,2′-azobis(2-methylpropionamidine) dihydrochloride (AAPH)-mediated oxidation of LDL (IC50: 2.8 μM) in the thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances (TBARS) assay as well as the macrophage-mediated LDL oxidation (73% inhibition at 5 μM). In addition, it delayed LDL oxidation with a prolonged lag time (192 min at 2 μM, control: 44 min). This compound also showed a 10-fold more potent 1,1-diphenyl-2- picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical scavenging activity (IC50: 1.7 μM) than trolox (IC50: 18.6 μM), a known DPPH inhibitor. In addition, phellinsin A inhibited xanthine oxidase activity with an IC 50 value of 31.0 μM, whereas allopurinol, a xanthine oxidase inhibitor, showed an IC50 value of 40.7 μM.
- Georg Thieme Verlag Kg
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.