Paenibacillus gansuensis sp. nov., isolated from desert soil of Gansu Province in China
Cited 23 time in
- Paenibacillus gansuensis sp. nov., isolated from desert soil of Gansu Province in China
- Jee-Min Lim; C O Jeon; Jae-Chan Lee; L H Xu; C L Jiang; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2131-2134
- Publication Year
- A Gram-positive, endospore-forming, rod-shaped bacterium, designated strain B518T, was isolated from a desert-soil sample from Gansu Province in China. The isolate was strictly aerobic and was motile by means of several flagella. The strain grew optimally at 35-40 °C and at pH 7.0-7.5. The predominant fatty acids of strain B518T were anteiso-C15:0, C1:6:O, anteiso-C17:0, iSO-C16:O and iSO-C15:O. The G+C content of the genomic DNA was 50 mol% and the predominant quinone was MK-7. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analyses showed that strain B518T formed a distinct phyletic line within the genus Paenibacillus and was most closely related to Paenibacillus chitinolyticus IFO 15660T, with a 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 95.8 %. The levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with respect to other type strains of Paenibacillus species were below 95.1 %. On the basis of the chemotaxonomic data and molecular properties, strain B518T represents a novel species within the genus Paenibacillus, for which the name Paenibacillus gansuensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is B518T (= KCTC 3950T = DSM 1696T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.