Pseudomonas segetis sp. nov., isolated from soil
Cited 11 time in
- Pseudomonas segetis sp. nov., isolated from soil
- Y D Park; H Yi; K S Baik; C N Seong; Kyung Sook Bae; E Y Moon; J Chun
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2593-2595
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, aerobic bacterium, designated strain FR1439T, was isolated from the soil of Dokdo in the Republic of Korea. The cells of strain FR1439T were catalase- and oxidase-positive, motile and rod-shaped. Phylogenetic analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequence revealed that it represents a distinct line of descent within the genus Pseudomonas. The levels of DNA-DNA relatedness between strain FR1439T and type strains of phylogenetically related species, namely Pseudomonas flavescens, Pseudomonas mendocina, Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes and Pseudomonas straminea, ranged from 28 to 37%. Several phenotypic characteristics, together with the cellular fatty acid composition, can be used to differentiate strain FR1439T from related pseudomonads. On the basis of the polyphasic taxonomic evidence presented in this study, strain FR1439T represents a novel species, for which the name Pseudomonas segetis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is FR1439T (=IMSNU 141O1T=CIP 108523T=KCTC 12331T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.