The complete mitogenome of Rhodeus uyekii (Cypriniformes, Cyprinidae) = 한국 자생어류 각시붕어(Rhodeus uyekii)의 미토콘드리아 유전체
Cited 20 time in
- The complete mitogenome of Rhodeus uyekii (Cypriniformes, Cyprinidae) = 한국 자생어류 각시붕어(Rhodeus uyekii)의 미토콘드리아 유전체
- B C Kim; T W Kang; M S Kim; Chang-Bae Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- DNA Sequence, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 181-186
- Publication Year
- The complete nucleotide sequence of the mitochondrial genome from the R. uyekii with a total size of 16,817 bp has been determined by long PCR technology. Mitogenome of R. uyekii encoding 13 putative proteins, two ribosomal RNAs and 22 tRNAs shows typical teleost mitogenome structure. Nucleotide composition, amino acid composition and codon usage are in the range of values estimated from other teleost mitogenomes. In the AT rich region of R. uyekii, several conserved blocks which are identified from vertebrates are observed in the genome. R. uyekii, the Korean endemic species, belongs to cyprinid fish from which the information of nine mitogenomes is available. To understand the phylogenetic relationships of Cypriniformes from the known mitogenome information, we analysed Cypriniformes mitogenome based on protein coding gene sequences. In spite of more resolved picture of phylogenetic interrelationships in cyprinid fish in this study, the further study with comprehensive taxon sampling for mitogenome information is strongly needed.
- cypriniformes; long-range PCR; mitochondrial genome; phylogenetic analysis; rhodeus uyekii
- Taylor & Francis
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.