Bionectins A-C, epidithiodioxopiperazines with anti-MRSA activity, from Bionectra byssicola F120
Cited 93 time in
- Bionectins A-C, epidithiodioxopiperazines with anti-MRSA activity, from Bionectra byssicola F120
- C J Zheng; Chang-Jin Kim; Kyung Sook Bae; Y H Kim; Won Gon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Natural Products, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1816-1819
- Publication Year
- Three new epidithiodioxopiperazine compounds, bionectins A (1), B (2), and C (3), along with a known compound, verticillin D (4), have been isolated from the mycelium of liquid fermentation cultures of the fungus Bionectra byssicola Fl 20. The structures of compounds 1-3 were assigned on the basis of MS and NMR data. Compounds 1 and 2 incorporate a dioxopiperazine moiety with a disulfide bridge in their molecules, while 3 contains a dioxopiperazine ring with two methylsulfanyl groups. Compounds 1 and 2 exhibited antibacterial activity against S. aureus including methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) and quinolone-resistant S. aureus (QRSA), with MIC values of 10-30, μg/mL, while 3 showed no antibacterial activity even at 100 μg/mL.
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.