Metabolic discrimination of rice cultivars and relative quantification of major sugar compounds using 1h NMR spectroscopy combined by multivariate statistical analysis = 1h NMR 스펙트럼 데이터의 다변
Cited 0 time in
- Metabolic discrimination of rice cultivars and relative quantification of major sugar compounds using 1h NMR spectroscopy combined by multivariate statistical analysis = 1h NMR 스펙트럼 데이터의 다변
- Suk Weon Kim; B C Koo; Jong Hyun Kim; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 283-288
- Publication Year
- Discrimination of 5 rice cultivars (Sangjubyeo , Dongjinbyeo , Simbaekbyeo , Hwamanbyeo , and Simbaek-hetero ) using metabolic profiling was carried out. Whole cell extracts from each cultivar were subjected to 1H NMR spectroscopy. When spectral data were analyzed by principal component analysis, 5 cultivars were clustered into 3 groups: SJ, DJ + SB, and HM + SH. Thecultivars showed great difference in carbohydrate region of 1H NMR spectra, suggesting that qualitative and quantitative differences in carbohydrate compounds play a major role in discrimination of the cultivars. In addition, it was readily possible to determine relative quantification of major carbohydrates including sucrose, glucose, maltose from spectral data of the cultivars. SJ showed 2 to 4 times higher content of maltose than the other rice cultivars. Overall results indicate that metabolic discrimination of rice cultivars using 1H NMR spectroscopy combined by multivariate statistical analysis can be used for rapid discrimination of numerous rice cultivars and simple quantitative analysis system of major carbohydrate compounds in rice grains.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.