Cited 20 time in
- Flavobacterium terrigena sp. nov., isolated from soil
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Jung-Sook Lee; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 947-950
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, rod-shaped, Flavobacterium-like bacterial strain, DS-20T, was isolated from soil from the island of Dokdo, Korea, and subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. Strain DS-20T grew optimally at pH 6.5-7.0 and 25°C. It contained MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C15:0, iso-C17:0 3-OH and iso-C17:1ω9c as the major fatty acids. The DNA G + C content was 38.2 mol%. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain DS-20T belonged to the genus Flavobacterium. Levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity between strain DS-20T and the type strains of recognized Flavobacterium species were below 94.9 %. Strain DS-20T differed from phylogenetically related Flavobacterium species in several phenotypic characteristics. On the basis of its phenotypic and phylogenetic distinctiveness, strain DS-20T was classified in the genus Flavobacterium as representing a novel species, for which the name Flavobacterium terrigena sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DS-20T (= KCTC 12761T = DSM 17934T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.