Cited 51 time in
- Lignans from the fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. and their cytotoxic effects on human cancer cell lines
- D Y Lee; M C Song; K H Yoo; M H Bang; I S Chung; S H Kim; D K Kim; Byoung-Mog Kwon; Tae Sook Jeong; M H Park; N I Baek
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 402-407
- Publication Year
- The fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. were extracted with 80% aqueous MeOH, and the concentrated extract partitioned with EtOAc, n-BuOH and H2O. Six lignans were isolated from the EtOAc fraction through repeated silica gel, ODS and Sephadex LH-20 column chromatographies. From the physico-chemical data, including NMR, MS and IR, the chemical structures of the compounds were determined to be (+)-pinoresinol (1), (-)-balanophonin (2), (+)-laricresinol (3), erythro-guaiacylglycerol-β-coniferyl aldehyde ether (4), threo-guaiacylglycerol-β-coniferyl aldehyde ether (5) and dihydrodehydrodiconiferyl alcohol (6), which were isolated for the first time from this plant. Most of these compounds showed cytotoxicity against human colon carcinoma (HCT-116) and human hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2) cell lines in vitro, with IC50 values ranging from 19.1 to 71.3 μ g/mL.
- Cornus kousa; Cytotoxicity; Human colon carcinoma (HCT-116); Human hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2); Lignan; MTT assay
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.