Pigmentiphaga daeguensis sp. nov., isolated from wastewater of a dye works, and emended description of the genus Pigmentiphaga
Cited 14 time in
- Pigmentiphaga daeguensis sp. nov., isolated from wastewater of a dye works, and emended description of the genus Pigmentiphaga
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Wonyong Kim; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1188-1191
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-spore-forming, rod-shaped Pigmentiphaga-like bacterial strain, K110T, was isolated from wastewater collected from a dye works in Korea and was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic analysis. Strain K110T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0 and 37°C in the presence of 0.5% (w/v) NaCl. It contained Q-8 as the predominant ubiquinone and C16:0, cyclo C17:0 and cyclo C19:0ω8c as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine and two unidentified aminolipids. The DNA G + C content was 67.4 mol%. In a neighbour-joining phylogenetic tree constructed on the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequences, strain K110T joined Pigmentiphaga kullae, the sole species of the genus, at a bootstrap confidence level of 100%. Strain K110Texhibited a 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 99.4% with respect to the type strain of P. kullae. Although strain K110T was found to be similar to P. kullae in terms of phenotypic properties, it differed in terms of motility, polar lipids, DNA-DNA relatedness and repetitive extragenic palindromic PCR genomic fingerprinting patterns. On the basis of phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, strain K110T represents a novel species of the genus Pigmentiphaga, for which the name Pigmentiphaga daeguensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is K110T (=KCTC 12838T=JCM 14330T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.