Production of monoclonal antibody against Listeria monocytogenes and its application to immunochromatography strip test
Cited 0 time in
- Production of monoclonal antibody against Listeria monocytogenes and its application to immunochromatography strip test
- W B Shin; J G Choi; J Y Kim; Z Y Yang; K H Lee; Min-Gon Kim; S D Ha; K S Kim; K Y Kim; C H Kim; K S Ha; S A Eremin; D H Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1152-1161
- Publication Year
- An immunochromatography (ICG) strip test based on a monoclonal antibody for the rapid detection of L. monocytogenes in meat and processed-meat samples was developed in this study. A monoclonal antibody (MAb) specific to L. monocytogenes was produced from cloned hybridoma cells (FKLM-3B12-37) and used to develop an ICG strip test. The antibody showed a stronger binding to L. monocytogenes than other Listeria species, and a weak cross-reaction to S. aureus based on an ELISA. The detection limit of the ICG strip test was 105 cell/ml. In total, 116 meat and processed-meat samples were collected and analyzed using both the ICG strip test and a PCR. The ICG strip test and PCR indicated L. monocytogenes contamination in 34 and 27 meat samples, respectively. The 7 meat samples not identified as L. monocytogenes positive by the PCR were also tested using an API kit and found to be contaminated by Listeria species. In conclusion, the ICG strip test results agreed well with those obtained using the PCR and API kit. Thus, the developed ICG has potential use as a primary screening tool for L. monocytogenes in various foods and agricultural products, generating results within 20 min without complicated steps.
- colloidal gold; foodborne pathogen; immunochromatography strip test; listeria monocytogenes; monoclonal antibody
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.