Halobacillus campisalis sp. nov., containing meso-diaminopimelic acid in the cell-wall peptidoglycan, and emended description of the genus Halobacillus
Cited 22 time in
- Halobacillus campisalis sp. nov., containing meso-diaminopimelic acid in the cell-wall peptidoglycan, and emended description of the genus Halobacillus
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Yong Taek Jung; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 2021-2025
- Publication Year
- A Gram-positive or variable, motile and coccoid or oval-shaped bacterial strain, ASL-17T, was isolated from a marine solar saltern of the Yellow Sea in Korea and its exact taxonomic position was investigated by a polyphasic approach. Strain ASL-17T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0 and 37 °C. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain ASL-17T is most closely affiliated phylogenetically to the genus Halobacillus. Strain ASL-17T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 97.7-98.6% to the type strains of recognized Halobacillus species. Interestingly, strain ASL-17T had cell-wall peptidoglycan based on meso-diaminopimelic acid, unlike other Halobacillus species. It contained MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone. The major fatty acids were anteiso-C15:0 anteiso-C17:0 and iso-C16:0. The DNA G+C content was 42.1 mol%. DNA-DNA relatedness data and differential phenotypic properties demonstrated that strain ASL-17T can be differentiated from recognized Halobacillus species. On the basis of phenotypic, chemotaxonomic, phylogenetic and genetic data, strain ASL-17T represents a novel species of the genus Halobacillus, for which the name Halobacillus campisalis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is ASL-17T (=KCTC 13144T =CCUG 54360T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.