Cited 15 time in
- Pedobacter insulae sp. nov., isolated from soil
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Hyun Woo Oh; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1999-2003
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, rod-shaped bacterium, DS-139T, was isolated from a soil sample collected from Dokdo, Korea, and subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic analysis. Strain DS-139T grow optimally at 25 °C and pH 6.5-7.5 in the presence of 0-0.5% (w/v) NaCl. It contained MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C15:0, C16:1ω7c and/or iso-C15:0 2-OH and iso-C17:0 3-OH as the major fatty acids. The DNA G + C content was 39.4 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain DS-39T belongs to the genus Pedobacter in the family Sphingobacteriaceae. The similarity values between the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain DS-139T and those of the type strains of recognized Pedobacter species, except Pedobacter saltans, were in the range 93.9-96.7%. The differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic distinctiveness, were sufficient to assign strain DS-139T to a species that is separate from recognized Pedobacter species. On the basis of the phenotypic and phylogenetic data, therefore, strain DS-139T represents a novel species of the genus Pedobacter, for which the name Pedobacter insulae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DS-139T (=KCTC 12820T =DSM 18684T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Research Facility & Analysis Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.