Glioperazine B, as a new antimicrobial agent against Staphylococcus aureus, and glioperazine C: two new dioxopiperazines from Bionectra byssicola
Cited 10 time in
- Glioperazine B, as a new antimicrobial agent against Staphylococcus aureus, and glioperazine C: two new dioxopiperazines from Bionectra byssicola
- C J Zheng; Y H Kim; Won Gon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioscience Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 71, no. 8, pp. 1979-1983
- Publication Year
- In the course of our screening for new antibacterials from microbial metabolites, two new dioxopiperazine metabolites, glioperazines B (1) and C (2), together with the known compound, glioperazine (3), were isolated from the mycelia of a liquid fermentation culture of the fungus, Bionectra byssicola F120. The structures of compounds 1 and 2 were assigned on the basis of MS and NMR data. Compound 1 is an unusual dioxopiperazine metabolite containing an OMe group at the α-carbon of the amino acid residue. Compound 1 showed weak antibacterial activity against various strains of S. aureus, including methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) and quinolone-resistant S. aureus (QRSA), while 2 and 3 did not show such activity.
- Bionectra byssicolaDioxopiperazineStaphylococcus aureusAntibacterial
- T&F (Taylor & Francis)
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.