Relation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase cleavage and apoptosis induced by paclitaxel in HeLa S3 uterine cancer cells = HeLa S3 자궁암 세포에서 paclitaxel에 의해 유도된 poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 분철
Cited 0 time in
- Relation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase cleavage and apoptosis induced by paclitaxel in HeLa S3 uterine cancer cells = HeLa S3 자궁암 세포에서 paclitaxel에 의해 유도된 poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 분철
- J H Chang; K Y Kim; Moon Soo Rhee; S C Ahn; H Y Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Life Sciences, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1027-1033
- Publication Year
- Although paclitaxel induces apoptosis of cancer cells, its exact mechanism of action is not yet known. The present study has been performed to determine whether influence of paclitaxel in HeLa S3 uterine cancer cells. Three assays were employed in this study: cell cytotoxicity, morphological assessments of apoptotic cells (DAPI staining assay), and western blot analysis. The results indicated that paclitaxel has cytotoxic effects in HeLa S3 cells. Especially, the IC50 value of paclitaxel was about 1 μM. And morphological changes (fragmentation) of cells were observed by paclitaxel in HeLa S3 cells. The flow cytometric analysis of paclitaxel-treated cells indicated a block of G2/M phase. The results that paclitaxel regulates the cell cycle, especially Sub-G1 phase. Paclitaxel induces apoptosis of HeLa S3 cells via PARP-dependent fashion, and this apoptosis is related to disappearance of Bcl-2 proteins.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.