Cited 22 time in
- Brevundimonas lenta sp. nov., isolated from soil
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Jung-Sook Lee; Hyun Woo Oh; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 2236-2240
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, rod-shaped, Brevundimonas-like bacterial strain, DS-18T, was isolated from soil in Dokdo, Korea, and its exact taxonomic position was investigated by using a polyphasic approach. Strain DS-18T grew optimally at pH 6.5-7.0 and 25°C without NaCl. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain DS-18T belonged to the genus Brevundimonas. Strain DS-18T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C18:1ω7c and C16:0 as the major fatty acids. The DNA G + C content was 68.7 mol%. Strain DS-18T exhibited levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 96.3-98.7 % to the type strains of Brevundimonas species and Mycoplana bullata. Mean DNA-DNA relatedness values between strain DS-18T and the type strains of phylogenetically related Brevundimonas species and M. bullata were in the range 15-32 %. Strain DS-18T differed from Brevundimonas species and M. bullata in several phenotypic characteristics. On the basis of phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, strain DS-18T represents a novel species of the genus Brevundimonas, for which the name Brevundimonas lenta sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DS-18T (=KCTC 12871T =JCM 14602T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Research Facility & Analysis Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.