Cited 0 time in
- Production and characterization of a transgenic mouse model of human liver cancer = 형질 전환 기법을 이용한 인체 간암의 마우스 모델 제작 및 특성 규명
- Z Li; Jeong Woong Lee; Byung Hwa Hyun; Chul Ho Lee; K S Jeong; N Z Fang; Young Il Yeom
- Bibliographic Citation
- Reproductive & Developmental Biology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 145-152
- Publication Year
- Transgenic mice were generated by microinjecting a plasmid DNA containing the SV40 (simian virus 40) large T antigen (Tag) gene fused with mouse albumin promoter/enhancer sequences into fertilized one-cell mouse embryos. Among eleven founder transgenic animals, four developed hepatocellular carcinoma, two showed kidney cancer and one developed skin and brain tumors. Three stable transgenic lines, #1-2, #1-6 and #1-11 were established. Members of the lines #1-6 and #1-11 reproducibly developed liver tumors by 8 to 10 weeks of age but did not exhibit any phenotypic changes in other tissues. Histological changes leading to liver tumor formation occurred with predictable kinetics and could be classified into three distinct stages; (a) newborn to 3 weeks of age, characterized by hyperplastic hepatocytes with reduced amounts of cytoplasm without any nuclear alterations, (b) between 4 to 8 weeks of age, characterized by diffuse liver cell dysplasia without observable tumor nodules, and (c) 9 weeks of age and thereafter, characterized by hepatocellular carcinomas in the background of extensive liver dysplasia.
- artemisia princeps; carlaolide A; carlaolide B; 3-((S)-2-methylbutyryloxy)-costu-1(10),4(5)-dien-12,6a -olide; cytotoxicity; apoptosis
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Biotherapeutics Translational Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.