Algibacter mikhailovii sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium of the family Flavobacteriaceae, and emended description of the genus Algibacter
Cited 27 time in
- Algibacter mikhailovii sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium of the family Flavobacteriaceae, and emended description of the genus Algibacter
- O I Nedashkovskaya; M Vancanneyt; S B Kim; B Hoste; Kyung Sook Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 2147-2150
- Publication Year
- subjected to taxonomic analysis by using a polyphasic approach. Colonies were yellow-pigmented and cells were Gram-negative, heterotrophic rods displaying slow gliding motility. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis indicated that strain KMM 6171T was closely related to the genus Algibacter, a member of the family Flavobacteriaceae, with sequence similarity of 96.7-96.8 %. The predominant cellular fatty acids were iso-C15:1, iso-C15:0, anteiso-C15:0, C15:0, iso-C15:0 3-OH, iso-C17:0 3-OH and summed feature 3, comprising C16:1ω7c and/or iso-C15:0 2-OH. The DNA G+C content was 35.1 mol%. On the basis of the phenotypic, genotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic data, strain KMM 6171T represents a novel species of the genus Algibacter, for which the name Algibacter mikhailovii sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is KMM 6171T (=KCTC 12710T=LMG 23988T). An emended description of the genus Algibacter based on the new data is also given.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.