Cited 33 time in
- Roseomonas terrae sp. nov.
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Hyun Woo Oh; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 57, no. 11, pp. 2485-2488
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, coccobacilli-shaped bacterium, DS-48T, was isolated from soil from Dokdo, Korea, and its taxonomic position was investigated by means of a polyphasic study. Strain DS-48T grew optimally at 25 °C and pH 7.0-8.0 in the presence of 0.5% (w/v) NaCl. It contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C18:1ω7c and C18:1 2-OH as the major fatty acids. The DNA G+C content was 69.3 mol%. A phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain DS-48T fell within the genus Roseomonas, clustering with Roseomonas lacus TH-G33T (at a bootstrap confidence level of 100%). The levels of similarity between the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain DS-48T and those of the type strains of recognized Roseomonas species were in the range 93.2-98.0%. DNA-DNA relatedness data and differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic distinctiveness of DS-48T, revealed that this strain differs from recognized Roseomonas species. On the basis of phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, therefore, strain DS-48T represents a novel species within the genus Roseomonas, for which the name Roseomonas terrae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DS-48T (=KCTC 12874 T=JCM 14592T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Research Facility & Analysis Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.