Development of antibiotics marker-free potato having resistance against two herbicides = 두 가지 제초제에 대하여 저항성을 가지는 항생제 마커-프리 형질전환 감자 육성
Cited 0 time in
- Development of antibiotics marker-free potato having resistance against two herbicides = 두 가지 제초제에 대하여 저항성을 가지는 항생제 마커-프리 형질전환 감자 육성
- Y L Fang; J S Kim; S Gong; H S Mo; S K Min; Suk Yoon Kwon; K H Li; H T Lim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 253-261
- Publication Year
- This study was conducted to develop an antibiotics marker-free potato (Solanum tuberosum L., cv. Taedong valley) plant having resistance against two herbicides. Agrobacterium tumefaciens strain EHA105, harboring a binary vector plasmid pCAMBIA3300 containing bar gene under the control of a promoter CaMV35S and linked CP4-EPSPS genes driven by CaMV35S promoter, was used in the current study. The leaf segments of newly bred potato variety (cv. Taedong Valley) was co-cultured with Agrobacterium. Then, the regenerated individual shoots were excised and transferred to potato multiplication medium supplemented with 0.5 mg/L phosphinothricin. The shoots were rooted in MS medium without hormone and obtained putative transgenic plant E3-6. Integration of target genes into the E3-6 plant and their expression was confirmed by PCR, Southern analysis, and ELISA test. The tissue necrosis test on young leaf blade and shikimic acid accumulation test using the tissue of E3-6 plant were conducted to investigate the resistance to glufosinate-ammonium and glyphosate, respectively. The transgenic plants (E3-6) simultaneously showed a high resistance to both herbicides. The same results were surely obtained also in the whole plants foliar-treated with alone or mixture of two herbicides, glufosinate-ammonium and glyphosate.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.