Albimonas donghaensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a non-photosynthetic member of the class Alphaproteobacteria isolated from seawater
Cited 15 time in
- Albimonas donghaensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a non-photosynthetic member of the class Alphaproteobacteria isolated from seawater
- Jee Min Lim; C O Jeon; H H Jang; Dong Jin park; Y K Shin; S H Yeo; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 282-285
- Publication Year
- A moderately halophilic Gram-negative bacterium, strain DS2T, was isolated from seawater from the East Sea in Korea. Strain DS2T grew at salinities of 0-14% (w/v) NaCl and at temperatures in the range 10-38 °C. The cells were non-motile short rods (1.0-1.4 μm in width and 1.6-2.6 μm in length) and the major fatty acids were C18: 1ω7c and 11-methyl C18:1ω7c. The genomic DNA G+C content was 72.0 mol% and the predominant lipoquinone was Q-10. The major cellular phospholipids were phosphatidylglycerol, diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylcholine. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain DS2T formed a distinct phyletic line from the genus Rubrimonas within the Alphaproteobacteria. The levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with respect to the type strains of related genera were below 94%. On the basis of physiological and phylogenetic properties, strain DS2T represents a novel genus and species of the Alphaproteobacteria, for which the name Albimonas donghaensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DS2T (=KCTC 12586T=DSM 17890T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.