Cited 40 time in
- Chryseobacterium aquaticum sp. nov., isolated from a water reservoir
- Kwang Kyu Kim; Keun Chul Lee; Hee-Mock Oh; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 533-537
- Publication Year
- Strains 10-46T and 10-106 were isolated from a water reservoir in Korea. They were Gram-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming rods, produced yellow-pigmented colonies on nutrient agar, contained MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone and 15 : 0 iso and 17 : 0 iso 3-OH as the major fatty acids and had polar lipid profiles consisting of phosphatidylethanolamine and several unknown aminolipids. Phylogenetic analysis, based on 16S rRNA gene sequencing, showed that the strains were closely related to Chryseobacterium indoltheticum ATCC 27950T, Chryseobacterium scophthalmum LMG 13028T and Chryseobacterium soldanellicola KCTC 12382T (96.9, 96.8 and 96.7% sequence similarity, respectively) and formed a separate lineage within the genus Chryseobacterium. The combined genotypic and phenotypic data supported the conclusion that the strains represent a novel species of the genus Chryseobacterium, for which the name Chryseobacterium aquaticum sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is 10-46T (=KCTC 12483T =CECT 7302T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.