Nocardioides halotolerans sp. nov., isolated from soil on Bigeum Island, Korea
Cited 9 time in
- Nocardioides halotolerans sp. nov., isolated from soil on Bigeum Island, Korea
- S G Dastager; Jae-Chan Lee; Yoon Jung Ju; Dong Jin park; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Systematic and Applied Microbiology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 24-29
- Publication Year
- A strictly aerobic, Gram-positive, motile, coccoid-shaped, halotolerant actinobacterium (10% NaCl, w/v), designated MSL-23T, was isolated from a soil sample on Bigeum Island, Korea. Results of 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis indicated that the isolate belonged to the genus Nocardioides, with the highest sequence similarity (95.63%) being to Nocardioides kribbensis KCTC 19038T. The major menaquinone was MK-8(H4), and the predominant cellular fatty acids were i-C16:0, ai-C17:0, C18:1 ω9c and 10-methyl-C16:0. The DNA G+C content was 69.7 mol%. The 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain MSL 23T and its chemotaxonomic properties showed it to be unique in the genus Nocardioides. Phenotypic characteristics distinguished strain MSL-23T from other Nocardioides species. On the basis of the phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic data strain MSL-23T represents a novel species, for which the name Nocardioides halotolerans sp. nov. is proposed, with MSL-23T (=KCTC 19274T=DSM 19273T) as the type strain.
- 16S rRNA; Nocardioides halotolerans sp. nov.; Polyphasic taxonomy
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.