Cited 0 time in
- Application of edible red algae paper coated with green tea extract for shelf life extension of Kimbab
- K J Ku; Y H Hong; Y B Seo; Kyung Sook Chung; Mi Sun Won; K B Song
- Bibliographic Citation
- Food Science and Biotechnology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 421-424
- Publication Year
- Edible red algae paper coated with green tea extract was prepared and determined the microbial growth and quality change of kimbab wrapped with the paper during storage. The paper coated with green tea extract had the antimicrobial activity against Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli. After 12 hr of storage of kimbab, packaging with the paper coated with green tea extract decreased populations of total aerobic bacteria by 1 log cycle. Kimbab wrapped with the red algae paper coated with green tea extract had 5.5 mg malondialdehyde (MDA)/kg after 12 hr, in contrast to the control of 7.4 mg MDA/kg. Kimbab with red algae paper with green tea extract was better than the control in terms of sensory qualities. These results clearly indicate that kimbab can be packaged with red algae paper coated with green tea extract, resulting in extending its shelf life.
- green tea extract; kimbab; red algae paper; shelf life; storage
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.