Joostella marina gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from the East Sea = 동해에서 분리된 새로운 family Flavobacteriaceae의 멤버 Joostella marina gen. nov., sp. nov.
Cited 25 time in
- Joostella marina gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from the East Sea = 동해에서 분리된 새로운 family Flavobacteriaceae의 멤버 Joostella marina gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Z X Quan; Y P Xiao; Seong Woon Roh; Y D Nam; Ho Won Chang; Kee Sun Shin; S K Rhee; Y H Park; Jin-Woo Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 1388-1392
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-spore-forming, non-motile, yellow-pigmented, strictly aerobic bacterial strain, designated En5T, was isolated from the East Sea of Korea and was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomy study. Strain En5T grew optimally at 30 °C, in the presence of 1-3% (w/v) NaCl and at pH 5.3-7.6. The major respiratory lipoquinone was MK-6 and the major fatty acids were iso-C15:0, iso-C17:0 3-OH and iso-C17:1ω9c. The DNA G+C content of strain En5T was 30.1 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain En5T formed a distinct evolutionary lineage within the family Flavobacteriaceae and shared 93% sequence similarity with the type strains of both Galbibacter mesophilus and Zhouia amylolytica. On the basis of its phenotypic and phylogenetic properties, strain En5T is suggested to represent a novel species of a new genus in the family Flavobacteriaceae, for which the name Joostella marina gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is En5T (=KCTC 12518T=DSM 19592T=CGMCC 1.6973T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.