Cited 0 time in
- Interactome analysis of yeast glutathione peroxidase 3 = 효모 GPx3의 사호작용단백질체학 분석
- Phil Young Lee; Kwang-Hee Bae; Chang Won Kho; Sunghyun Kang; D H Lee; S Cho; S Kang; Sang Chul Lee; Byoung Chul Park; Sung Goo Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1364-1367
- Publication Year
- Oxidative stress damages all cellular constituents, and therefore, cell has to possess various defense mechanisms to cope. Saccharomyces cerevisiae, widely used as a model organism for studying cellular responses to oxidative stress, contains three glutathione peroxidase (Gpx) proteins. Among them, Gpx3 plays a major defense role against oxidative stress in S. cerevisiae. In this study, in order to identify the new interaction proteins of Gpx3, we carried out two-dimensional gel electrophoresis after immunoprecipitation (IP-2DE), and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. The results showed that several proteins including protein disulfide isomerase, glutaredoxin 2, and SSY protein 3 specifically interact with Gpx3. These findings led us to suggest the possibility that Gpx3, known as a redox sensor and ROS scavenger, has another functional role by interacting with several proteins with various cellular functions.
- glutathione peroxidase 3IP-2DEoxidative stressROSSSY protein 3yeastglutathione peroxidase
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Critical Diseases Diagnostics Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Disease Target Structure Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.