Phycicoccus bigeumensis sp. nov., a mesophilic actinobacterium isolated from Bigeum Island, Korea
Cited 9 time in
- Phycicoccus bigeumensis sp. nov., a mesophilic actinobacterium isolated from Bigeum Island, Korea
- S G Dastager; Jae Chan Lee; Yun Jeong Joo; Dong Jin Park; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 2425-2428
- Publication Year
- An actinomycete strain, designated MSL-03T, was isolated from a soil sample collected from Bigeum Island in the Republic of Korea. The coccoid cells of the organism were Gram-positive and non-motile and did not form endospopes. The colonies were yellow, small, circular with entire margins and contained meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid in the peptidoglycan. The major menaquinone was MK-8(H4). The polar lipids detected were diphosphatidylglycerol and phosphatidylglycerol. The major fatty acids were iso-C15:0, iso-C16:0, C17:0, anteiso-C15:0, 10-methyl C17:0, iso-C14::0 and C17:1ω8c. The DNA G+C content was 73.4 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses based on the 16S rRNA gene sequence positioned strain MSL-03T in a clade comprising Phycicoccus jejuensis KSW2-15T and Phycicocicus dokdonensis DS-8T. The organism showed the highest level of sequence similarity with respect to P. dokdonensis DS-8T (99.58 % over 1424 nt), with differences in 64 positions out of 1488. The levels of DNA-DNA relatedness with its closest neighbours (<70%) showed that the isolate represents a distinct genomic species. On the basis of the phenotypic and genotypic results, strain MSL-03T represents a novel species of the genus Phycicoccus, for which the name Phycicoccus bigeumensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is strain MSL-03T (=KCTC 19266T =DSM 19264T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.