Optimization of culture conditions for 1,3-propanediol production from crude glycerol by Klebsiella pneumoniae using response surface methodology = 반응표면분석법을 이용한 폐글리세롤로부터 1,3-프로판디올 생산을 위한 크렙시엘라 뉴모니아의 배양 조건 최적화
Cited 54 time in
- Optimization of culture conditions for 1,3-propanediol production from crude glycerol by Klebsiella pneumoniae using response surface methodology = 반응표면분석법을 이용한 폐글리세롤로부터 1,3-프로판디올 생산을 위한 크렙시엘라 뉴모니아의 배양 조건 최적화
- Baek Rock Oh; Jeong Woo Seo; Min-Ho Choi; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 666-670
- Publication Year
- To produce 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) from crude glycerol, cultivation conditions were optimized by response surface methodology (RSM) based on a 25 factorial central composite design (CCD). RSM was adopted to derive a statistical model for the individual and interactive effects of crude glycerol, (NH4)2SO4, pH, cultivation time and temperature on the production of 1,3-PD. Optimal conditions for maximum 1,3-PD production were as follows: crude glycerol, 35 g/L; (NH4)2SO4, 8 g/L; pH, 7.37; cultivation time, 10.8 h; temperature, 36.88°C. Under these optimal conditions, the design expert presented the maximal numerical solution with a predicted 1,3-PD production level of up to 13.74 g/L. The experimental production of 1,3-PD yielded 13.8 g/L, which was in close agreement with the model prediction.
- 1,3-propanediolCentral composite designCrude glycerolKlebsiella pneumoniaeResponse surface methodology
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.