Streptomyces mayteni sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from a Chinese medicinal plant
Cited 13 time in
- Streptomyces mayteni sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from a Chinese medicinal plant
- H H Chen; S Qin; Jae Chan Lee; Chang-Jin Kim; L H Xu; W J Li
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 47-53
- Publication Year
- An actinomycete strain, designated YIM 60475T, was isolated from the roots of Maytenus austroyunnanensis and was characterized by using a polyphasic approach. The strain was determined to belong to the genus Streptomyces, based on its phenotypic and phylogenetic characteristics. The strain produced spiral spore chains on aerial mycelium. The cell wall contained LL-diaminopimelic acid. Whole-cell hydrolysates contained galactose, glucose, and xylose. The phospholipid was type II. The DNA G+C content of the type strain was 73.3 mol%. DNA-DNA hybridization and comparison of physiological and chemical characteristics suggested that strain YIM 60475T is a new Streptomyces species, for which the name Streptomyces mayteni sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is YIM 60475T (=CCTCC AA 207005T=KCTC 19383T).
- 16SrRNAPolyphasic taxonomyStreptomyces mayteni sp. nov.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.