Comparison of soil bacterial community structure in rice paddy fields under different management practices using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) = 논 토양의 세균군집구조 비교
Cited 0 time in
- Comparison of soil bacterial community structure in rice paddy fields under different management practices using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) = 논 토양의 세균군집구조 비교
- Do Young Kim; Chang-Gi Kim; S B Sohn; S Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Ecology & Field Biology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 309-316
- Publication Year
- Background: In the study of adaptive evolution, it is important to detect the protein coding sites where natural selection is acting. In general, the ratio of the rate of non-synonymous substitutions (Ka) to the rate of synonymous substitutions (Ks) is used to estimate either negative or positive selection for an entire gene region of interest. However, since each amino acid in a region has a different function and structure, the type and strength of natural selection may be different for each amino acid. Specifically, domain sites on the protein are indicative of structurally and functionally important sites. Therefore, Window-sliding tools can be used to detect evolutionary forces acting on mutation sites. Results: This paper reports the development of a web-based tool, WSPMaker (Window-sliding Selection pressure Plot Maker), for calculating selection pressures (estimated by Ka/Ks) in the sub-regions of two protein-coding DNA sequences (CDSs). The program uses a sliding window on DNA with a user-defined window length. This enables the investigation of adaptive protein evolution and shows selective constraints of the overall/specific region(s) of two orthologous gene-coding DNA sequences. The method accommodates various evolutionary models and options such as the sliding window size. WSPmaker uses domain information from Pfam HMM models to detect highly conserved residues within orthologous proteins. Conclusion: WSPMaker is a web tool for scanning and calculating selection pressures (estimated by Ka/Ks) in sub-regions of two protein-coding DNA sequences (CDSs).
- diversity indicesorganic farming practicerice paddy fieldssoil bacterial communityterminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP)
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Bio-Evaluation Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.