Lutimaribacter saemankumensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat of the Yellow Sea
Cited 29 time in
- Lutimaribacter saemankumensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat of the Yellow Sea
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Jung-Sook Lee; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 48-52
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-motile, rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated SMK-117T, belonging to the Alphaproteobacteria, was isolated from a tidal flat of the Yellow Sea, Korea, and was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. Strain SMK-117T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0 and 30 degrees C in the presence of 2 % (w/v) NaCl. Neighbour-joining and maximum-likelihood phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain SMK-117T clustered with Maritimibacter alkaliphilus HTCC2654T, with which it exhibited a sequence similarity of 95.3 %. Strain SMK-117T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C(18 : 1)omega7c and 11-methyl C(18 : 1)omega7c as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, an unidentified aminolipid and two unidentified phospholipids. The DNA G+C content was 63.5 mol%. Strain SMK-117T was differentiated from members of the genera Maritimibacter and Oceanicola on the basis of differences in the fatty acid and polar lipid profiles. The phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic data indicated that strain SMK-117T represents a novel genus and species, for which the name Lutimaribacter saemankumensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of Lutimaribacter saemankumensis is SMK-117T (=KCTC 22244T =CCUG 55760T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.