Cited 32 time in
- Pedobacter composti sp. nov., isolated from compost
- Hyung-Gwan Lee; Song-Gun Kim; W T Im; Hee-Mock Oh; S T Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 345-349
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, aerobic, rod-shaped, non-motile, non-spore-forming bacterial strain, designated TR6-06(T), was isolated from a compost sample in South Korea and characterized taxonomically by using a polyphasic approach. The organism grew optimally at 30 degrees C and pH 6.5-7.0. The isolate was positive for catalase and oxidase tests, but negative for gelatinase and urease and for indole and H(2)S production. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain TR6-06(T) was most closely affiliated with members of the genus Pedobacter of the family Sphingobacteriaceae. Strain TR6-06(T) exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 89.9-93.5 % to the type strains of species of the genus Pedobacter. The G+C content of the genomic DNA of strain TR6-06(T) was 41.9 mol%. The predominant respiratory quinone was MK-7. The major fatty acids were iso-C(15 : 0), iso-C(17 : 0) 3-OH, C(16 : 1)omega7c and anteiso-C(15 : 0). These chemotaxonomic data support the affiliation of strain TR6-06(T) to the genus Pedobacter. However, on the basis of its phenotypic properties and phylogenetic distinctiveness, strain TR6-06(T) (=KCTC 12638(T)=LMG 23490(T)) should be classified as the type strain of a novel species, for which the name Pedobacter composti sp. nov. is proposed.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.