Cited 18 time in
- Multiple-layer substrate zymography for detection of several enzymes in a single sodium dodecyl sulfate gel
- Nack-Shick Choi; Bo-Hye Kim; C S Park; Yunjon Han; Hye-Won Lee; J H Choi; Seung Goo Lee; Jae Jun Song
- Bibliographic Citation
- Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 386, no. 1, pp. 121-122
- Publication Year
- We have developed a system to detect three hydrolytic enzymes (cellulase, lipase, and protease) using a single sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) gel and an electrotransfer system. After electrophoresis, proteins in the gel were transferred to three sandwiched substrate gels containing glycerol tributyrate, azo-carboxymethyl cellulose (Azo-CMC), and fibrin for detection of cellulase, lipase, and protease, respectively. We show that three cellulases (from a Paenibacillus sp. and two Bacillus sp. strains), one lipase (from a Staphylococcus sp.), and two proteases (from two Bacillus sp. strains) can be detected simultaneously with our zymogram system.
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.